Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Preaching for TD Jakes

Last night I dreamed that I was scheduled to preach for TD Jakes. The moment was to say the least, euphoric. The Potters House was packed to the brim. The atmosphere was electric. I was ready...this was my destiny in real time. The worship was the best ever and all was on Que with exactly what God had shown me. The message I had prepared beat like drums pounding in a distant forest; growing louder as each minute passed.

About 35 minutes into the service I needed to, you know, visit the little boys room. I asked an usher to point me in the right direction, and I exited to the right side of the stage. The ushers last words to me were to hurry, Bishop Jakes believed in following the schedule. I said, "no problem." As I walked down the long corridor to the bathroom my mind was filled with the thoughts of the fulfillment of my 10 year dream.

I had listened to and watched Bishop Jakes since His first time on TBN. I had even preached many of His messages myself....of course after I changed a few points.lol. Time seemed to stand still and I finished my business. During this journey I was on the service had proceeded at an accelerated pace and it was my time. Bishop stood and introduced me to the crowd of waiting listeners and told of how it all came to pass. Then he said, "lets stand and welcome Max D. Garner from Jackson TN. and the Addicts Church." 

They all glanced in the direction I had been sitting, but I was not there. A few moments later I enter the sanctuary in front of a standing crowd of stunned attendees. How could anyone miss their once in a lifetime introduction from the Bishop himself. I walked to my seat, not really grasping the moment and stood staring at the stage. Bishop Jake's was standing there staring at me. I realized that I was late and had missed my Que. My knees grew weak, my heart almost stopped, and I could feel the blood rushing to my face. No way was this happening to me!!!

As I took to the stage and thanked Bishop for the opportunity I turned to a silent and stunned crowd. They were waiting to see what else I could mess up. I told them to be seated. I stood there in utter silence for what seemed an eternity. I opened my Bible as if I knew what I was doing and stared into the faces of the people I had dreamed so many times of speaking to. My mind was racing with self doubt and stupid self talk. I lifted my head and said with a loud voice.....

Today I would like to speak to you about.....Being on time for your Destiny

You may have experienced this same thing, only in real life, not a dream. This is a common feeling and sometimes a reality that we all face. What I would like to say to you today is simple...

God knows the moment that He has prepared for you to reach or experience your dream. You cannot be late to your own destiny...it starts when you get there. Relax, be patient....God has your back.

By the way.... the message was awesome and God showed up in a big way. I am scheduled for Man-Power in 2014.

MaxG


No comments:

Post a Comment